Briefly in English
- Entrepreneurship education program for elementary schools, where 10 to 12 year old pupils come up with an business idea in a group and develop it further with assistance of the teacher. Program is part of curricula and it is free of charge.
- At the end of the program, pupils will have their grand finale -event, where they sell the products and services they have come up with.
- Multidiciplinary learning module that develop transversal competences
- Program has nine themes, 1-2 hours each
- Over 35 000 pupils and 500 schools have participated in the program since 2014
Part of JA Finland
Pikkuyrittäjät is facilitated by Junior Achievement Finland. Pikkuyrittäjät is a locally invented learning environment that came up with an experimental action by parents with corporate background. Pikkuyrittäjät was piloted in 50 schools at 2014-15. At 2016 Pikkuyrittäjät was developed to be able to fit as a practical tool and learning environment to support national core curricula. Today 11 000 pupils participate in Pikkuyrittäjät every school year.
Pikkuyrittäjät was awarded for the best European Education Program in Oslo 2016 and in Houston 2018 (Global Best Awards).